viernes, 20 de marzo de 2009
1. Make pairs.
2. Choose the city from this list: NEW YORK, LONDON, BUENOS AIRES, TOKYO, CAIRO, AMSTERDAM, SIDNEY, LIVERPOOL, LOS ANGELES, BERLIN, WASHINGTON. Tell the teacher the name of the chosen city before going on with the next step.
3. The project must have FOUR SECTIONS.
- GENERAL DETAILS (population, location on a map, country, flag, capital...)
- 2.- HISTORY (foundation, oriegin of the name, 3 important events)
- 3.- RESOURCES (Main activities)
- 4.- GETTING ROUND (4 most important places/monuments, urban transport)
4. You can add a fifth section. The content is free. You decide, try to be original and tell us interesting things.
5. You must use these grammar points in your project:
- 1. present simple, past simple, present perfect, going to.
- 2. comparatives and superlatives.
- 3. some, any, much, many, a lot.
- 4. adverbs of frecuency.
6. You MUST present your project on a POWERPOINT SLIDESHOW, with an INDEX at the beginning and BIBLIOGRAPHY at the end.
7. The text must have a minimum of 800 words.
8. Use short and simple sentences in your texts, DON’T COPY the information that you can find in the links, use images and photographs to make your powerpoint more attractive.
9. And don’t forget to write your names at the end.
When you finish, fill in the group work evaluation questionnaire and save it in your computer.